How to measure your ring size
Selecting the correct ring size can be a tricky task. In South Africa, we traditionally measure ring sizes by using letters of the alphabet.
Below is a quick guide to help you measure your ring size:
- On warm days or during exercise, your fingers may be swollen – so it is advisable that you do not attempt to measure your finger size under these conditions.
- Cut a piece of string or a thin strip of paper.
- Wrap the piece of string / paper around the finger where you are planning to wear the ring.
- Make sure the string / paper is not too tight or too loose.
- Use a marker to draw a line on the string / paper where it completes the circle around your finger.
- Measure the string / paper with a ruler (in mm). This is the circumference of the ring.
- If your knuckle is much larger than your finger’s base, take two separate measurements and choose a size in between. You want a ring to fit over your knuckle, but not be too loose or it will shift around.
- NB: We do not offer a ring sizing service, and we strongly suggest that you go to your nearest jeweler and have the correct letter size measured for your finger. Megan Goldner Designs do not take responsibility for incorrect ring sizes ordered.
- In the event that the incorrect ring size is chosen, the rings may be returned to us, and a re-sizing fee and courier fees will be quoted upon receipt of the rings.
- You can also download our Sizing Tool here.
- Please see our Warranties and Returns for more information.
Rings listed as ‘Adjustable’ means that they can be adjusted to fit any finger size.
Ring sizing can get tricky when it comes to stacking rings. As well as mixing and matching a range of wonderful colors and styles, you may want to choose various sizes to wear on different hands and fingers.
To put simply, a specific measure taken in millimeters is associated with one particular letter. These measures are the same across South Africa, give or take a few millimeters. As rings come in a variety of shapes, styles, and designs, the measurements may vary slightly.
All stacking rings and rings wider than 5mm are automatically increased with 1/2 – 1 full size up in the ring making process to accommodate the width. Please order your normal ring size and we will make the adjustment on our side.
Inlay rings are stunning, and can be customized with an array of inserts like different semi precious stones, ashes, breast milk, colors etc. Inlay rings sometimes takes weeks to make due to the different layers and techniques that goes into making them, and due to the nature, structure of these rings, they are not sizable.
Please make sure of your CORRECT RING SIZE before ordering these rings.
If you ordered the incorrect ring size, the ring and inserts will have to be returned to us, and a R599.00 fee will be charged to resize and re-do the inlay.