How to measure your ring size
Selecting the correct ring size can be a tricky task. In South Africa, we traditionally measure ring sizes by using letters of the alphabet.
Below is a quick guide to help you measure your ring size:
- On warm days or during exercise, your fingers may be swollen – so it is advisable that you do not attempt to measure your finger size under these conditions.
- Cut a piece of string or a thin strip of paper.
- Wrap the piece of string / paper around the finger where you are planning to wear the ring.
- Make sure the string / paper is not too tight or too loose.
- Use a marker to draw a line on the string / paper where it completes the circle around your finger.
- Measure the string / paper with a ruler (in mm). This is the circumference of the ring.
- NB: We do not offer a ring sizing service, and we strongly suggest that you go to your nearest jeweler and have the correct letter size measured for your finger.
- Megan Goldner Designs does not take responsibility for incorrect ring sizes chosen.
- In the event that the incorrect ring size is chosen, the rings may be returned to us, and a re-sizing amount and return courier fees will be quoted upon receipt of the rings.
- Please see our Warranties and Returns for more information.
Rings listed as ‘Adjustable’ means that they can be adjusted to fit any finger size.
Stacking ring sets:
Ring sizing can get tricky when it comes to stacking rings. As well as mixing and matching a range of wonderful colors and styles, you may want to choose various sizes to wear on different hands and fingers.
To put simply, a specific measure taken in millimeters is associated with one particular letter. These measures are the same across South Africa, give or take a few millimeters. As rings come in a variety of shapes, styles, and designs, the measurements may vary slightly.
All stacking rings are automatically increased with 1/2 – 1 full size up in the ring making process to accommodate the width of the stack, so you can order your normal ring size and we will make the adjustment on our side.
|Alphabet Size||Circumference in mm|